Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. However, when spores are present in large quantities, they are a health hazard to humans
Exposure to mold may cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems.Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. The term “toxic mold” refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, not to all molds. Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily workplace exposure, can be particularly harmful.
Infants may develop respiratory symptoms as a result of exposure to a specific type of fungal mold, called Penicillium. Infants will begin to show respiratory problems if they have a persistent cough and/or wheeze.
- The basic goals of any mold investigation are always twofold: 1) find the locations of mold growth, and 2) determine the sources of the moisture.
- Call Synergy to have as estimator contact you (800-439-9610) We’ll be onsite within 24 hrs to survey and estimate (if needed). An estimate will be generated within 4 hrs of site inspection. Work will commence within 24 hrs of go ahead.
- We’ll remove the mold in the affected area, collect mold samples and send to a certified lab. Completed air tests will be sent to you within 48 hrs.